Help with online advertising
Here's how you can ensure your online advertising is as effective as possible across online media channels.
Make it relevant
Content is key. Make sure you provide as much relevant information as possible on your info/details page.
Yellow Online Profiles
Want to know how to get the most out of your Yellow Online Profile? Check out our handy tips to help improve the content on your online profile. Sign up to My Yellow and you’ll be able to update your online profile content anytime, anywhere.
Yellow Online Profile content help https://yellow.co.nz/onlineprofile/
Sign up to My Yellow https://yellow.co.nz/user/register/?from=/
Search Engine Marketing
Google AdWords can help you reach your most relevant leads - whether you want your ads to be seen by people searching in your city, country or anywhere in the world. We’ll select the relevant keywords for your business, such as ‘plumber’, ‘leaking pipe’ or ‘Wellington’, so your ads will show when people are searching for what you offer. You can learn more about Search Engine Marketing here
or call 0800 803 803
to speak to one of our Google AdWord experts.
Tips for other advertising
Get the basics right
- Make sure your contact details are included and are clear and easy to read.
- Include a phone number, email address and a link to your website if you have one.
- If possible, include your opening hours, days of week you’re open, any late nights and seasonal specials if you have them.
- Include a clear ‘call to action’ so your customers know what to do. You’d rather they call you, visit your website or visit your store?
Information to include in your ad
- Give customers a reason to call you instead of the competition by including what makes you different from everyone else. If you have special skills, prices, quality, or even just a friendly team - let potential customers know what makes you unique.
- Gain trust from potential customers by adding in any credentials you have. For example, how long you’ve been in business, how many customers you’ve served or what associations you are a member of.
- Get people’s attention by starting with a key benefit, or ask a personalised question - anything to encourage people to keep on reading.
- Use short, punchy sentences that drive the benefit home. Don’t just talk about the features of your service - describe what it can do for your customers.
- Make sure your ad stands out from other businesses by adding a picture or using colour.
- Consider the space available in your advert and use clear graphics. Don’t crowd your ad with text or images.
- Using a clear and simple design will make the ad easy to read - less is more in this case.
- Branding is very important, so use your brand colours and logo so people can easily recognise and recall your business.