Being the savvy business person that you are, you’ll want to stay updated on the latest trends in your industry and keep abreast of technology, media platforms and the best ways to reach your target audience. Storytelling can be used to market your business, and in doing so, you'll also want to future-proof the ways you tell your stories.
Technology is your friend
At times, you may find all this technology a little overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. You can use it in its simplest forms to tell your stories. The smartphone has changed the world forever; think about everything you can do with just your phone.
Words can be translated to visuals
Good storytelling can be much more than just a business case study. It might seem logical to craft your story into an article or blog post, but do think of other trends to share them. Video and motion graphics are appealing visual ways to get your ideas across creatively and effectively.
- Live streaming - Give your target customers insight into what you and your brand are about, run Q&A sessions, show them business behind-the-scenes, capture stories/news live as it happens.
- Chatbots - Use chatbots to talk about the story behind your brand.
- Influencers - For years, celebrities and well-known faces have been endorsing brands. The difference now, with the rise of social media and video capabilities, is that they're a medium through which brand stories are told. If you’re engaging influencers, they'll need to fully perceive your product/service, before they advocate it.
- Virtual reality - Immersive technology (generating a 3D image) and virtual reality are great ways to create experiences for your customers, to tell stories and deliver training for staff.
- Use iterations of content across different verticals - Once you’ve created a piece of content, it doesn’t have to end there. Repurpose it and publish it in different formats and lengths across your platforms.
Where to spot trends?
- Speak to an advertising agency or the Yellow Business team about what’s coming up and how you can be part of it.
- Use the Twitter trends tool.
- Try trending live on YouTube.
- Follow Instagram recommendations based on your previous searches.
- Keep an eye on Facebook’s trending topics.
- Google search for top tech trends regularly and observe conversations.
- Consume a range of media - print, online, broadcast.