Many new business owners successfully set up their websites and social channels to help customers find their business online, but this is just the start. It’s important that once people see your business online, they can easily make contact with you or better yet, know how to become paying customers.
Internet users are easily distracted and if you make it overly complicated or confusing, you risk losing business. Have you made sure your website has a clear path for visitors to become customers?
This blog talks about ways to get the people that visit your website to become your customers.
Getting your business online doesn’t have to be overwhelming.
Here are 5 simple tips to get started:
- Contact details: Include a variety of ways for people to get in touch: your phone number, mobile number, email address, website live chat. And don’t forget links to those social media accounts (if you have them!).
- Location map: Is foot traffic important to you? Make it easy for online to visit your business by sharing a map of where your business is and providing them with helpful location information. Spell out if there is plenty of parking nearby.
- Enquiry form: If your website has an enquiry form on it, run regular tests to make sure it’s working and make sure you respond to all enquiries in a timely manner.
- Call tracking: Calls to your business can come from a variety of sources, including social media, websites or print adverts. Install call tracking to find out what’s generating the calls and to record missed calls so you can call back any hot opportunities.
- Payment technology: What payment methods do you take? There’s nothing worse than showing up with your card to a business that only accepts cash. If you have e-commerce on your site, make sure you use a credible payment gateway so your customers feel confident in providing their payments details.
The little details matter, so by doing a few simple things you can make the process of becoming a customer of your business as easy and enjoyable as possible.
For advice on how to market your business online, download our guide, “Get your business online
(and open the door for more customers)” today.
Would you like to talk to an expert about how you can help customers find you online? Contact one of our friendly Yellow team members today!